Body Balance Massage Therapy with Melissa Bice, LMT
After over 5 years with Goshorn Wellness Center Melissa has opened her own massage therapy practice, Body Balance Massage Therapy, right next door. She has a charming, warm and inviting space and welcomes all of her current clients as well as new clients. We continue to highly recommend Melissa to all of our patients to better coordinate their care. You can make appointments on-line or call her directly. Check out her new website to see how easy that is!
Therapeutic Benefits of Massage
Therapeutic Massage involves the manipulation of the soft tissue structures of the body to prevent and alleviate pain, discomfort, muscle spasm and stress. It also improves the functioning of the circulatory, lymphatic and nervous systems, and may improve the rate at which the body recovers from injury and illness.
Other benefits include:
· Promotes relaxation
· Increases joint mobility
· Helps eliminate metabolic waste from the body
· Relieves muscle tension & stiffness
· Promotes increased flexibility, length and pliability in muscle tissue
· Lessens depression and anxiety
· Encourages deeper, more effective breathing
· Improves posture
· Increases body awareness
· Stimulates the immune system
· Releases endorphins, the body's natural pain killer
· Reduce post-surgery adhesion
· Relieve tension headache/migraines
· Help athletes of various levels prepare for and recover from strenuous workouts
· Promotes quality sleep
· Helps manage chronic pain
Frequency and Duration
Recommendations for frequency and duration of massage appointments will be made after the initial visit. Please keep in mind, not all problem spots can be solved in the first session. Soft tissue release can be a process. More frequent visits initially aide that process before going into a maintenance routine. Regular Massage Therapy can release chronically contracted muscles and restricted fascia which contributed to creating balance in the joints. As your tissue becomes more lengthened and flexible, you'll feel more able to be active, less stressed, and less prone to injury. Frequent massage leads to body awareness. You will become more aware of your chronic tension patterns and postural distortions. This understanding will help you prevent pain before it develops. You will feel the difference.